In every painting, sooner or later I meet some kind of obstacle or challenge.
With this painting it took a long time before I got a good idea on how to solve the main challenge. The painting has two separated parts; a boy to the left and a girl to the right. I've been thinking long and hard on how to make a "wall" between them (unfortunately my initial idea from the sketching stage didn't feel interesting enough). Finally I took the courage to try different solutions and now I've actually come up with one I really like! Sometimes you just have to dare to try.
Since it is not done I'm not going to "give it all away" just yet. I just wanted to share my excitement because it feels like I'm on the right track :)